Each Aspen hospital/clinic monitors and reviews a range of performance measures including: infection control statistics, patient satisfaction and clinical outcomes.
We ask our patients if they would recommend our hospitals/clinics to others requiring similar treatment and seek feedback on a range of measures including their overall opinion on:
- the quality of care
- the overall cleanliness
- trust and confidence in our nurses and Consultants
- if they were treated with respect and dignity.
In 2019, Aspen Healthcare hospitals collected almost 10,000 completed Patient Feedback Questionnaires. Inpatient and day case ratings for key areas were as follows:
- 97.5% of patients said they would be ‘Likely’ or ‘Extremely Likely’ to recommend us
- 99.1% of patients were happy with the quality of care
- 94.8% of our patients answered ‘Yes, definitely’ when asked if they were involved as much as they wanted in decisions
- 98.6% said the overall impression of their nursing care was ‘Good’, ‘Very Good’ or ‘Excellent’
- 99.6% said the overall impression of their consultant was ‘Good’, ‘Very Good’ or ‘Excellent’
- 96.7% said the overall impression of catering services was ‘Good’, ‘Very Good’ or ‘Excellent’
- 96.0% said the overall impression of accommodation was ‘Good’, ‘Very Good’ or ‘Excellent’
- 97.6% of our patients answered ‘Yes, definitely’ when asked if they felt they were treated with dignity and respect
- 97.4% of patients said the overall quality of discharge was ‘Good’, ‘Very Good’ or ‘Excellent’.
You can read more about our patient satisfaction feedback here.
Independent Healthcare Providers Network
Aspen Healthcare is a member of the trade association for independent hospitals, IHPN (Independent Healthcare Providers Network. IHPN represents over 200 hospitals that provide services to insured, self-paying and NHS-funded patients. IHPN works with the Care Quality Commission to influence, impact and represent the high standard of quality care members provide patients within an independent healthcare setting.